Last Revised: December 19, 2013
1. COLLECTION OF INFORMATION
Information You Provide to Us
We collect information you provide directly to us. For example, we collect information when you create an account, participate in any interactive features of the SIPX Service or the Sites, fill out a form, communicate with us via third party social media sites, request customer support or otherwise communicate with us. The types of information we may collect include your name, email address, name of educational institution with which you are affiliated and your general role (such as teacher or student),,,and other contact or identifying information you choose to provide.
Information We Collect Automatically When You Use the SIPX Service or the Sites
When you access or use the SIPX Service or the Sites, we automatically collect information about you, including:
- Log Information: We log information about your use of the SIPX Service or the Sites, including the type of browser you use, access times, pages viewed, your IP address and the page you visited before navigating to the SIPX Service or the Sites.
- Device Information: We collect information about the computer you use to access the SIPX Service or the Sites, including the hardware model, and operating system and version.
- Information Collected by Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies: We use various technologies to collect information, and this may include sending cookies to your computer or mobile device. Cookies are small data files stored on your hard drive or in your device memory that helps us to improve the SIPX Service, the Sites and your experience, see which areas and features of the SIPX Service and the Sites are popular and count visits. We may also collect information using web beacons (also known as “tracking pixels”). Web beacons are electronic images that may be used in the SIPX Service, the Sites or emails and help deliver cookies, count visits, understand usage and campaign effectiveness and determine whether an email has been opened and acted upon. For more information about cookies, and how to disable them, please see “Your Choices” below.
Information We Collect From Other Sources
We may also obtain information from other sources and combine that with information we collect through the SIPX Service or the Sites.
2. USE OF INFORMATION
We use information about you for various purposes, including to:
- Provide, maintain and improve the SIPX Service and the Sites;
- Provide and deliver the products and services you request, process transactions and to send you related information, including confirmations and invoices;
- Send you technical notices, updates, security alerts and support and administrative messages;
- Respond to your comments, questions and requests and provide customer service;
- Communicate with you about services, offers and events offered by SIPX;
- Provide news and information we think will be of interest to you, including upcoming products and services we believe you may be interested in;
- Monitor and analyze trends, usage and activities in connection with the SIPX Service and the Sites;
- Personalize and improve the SIPX Service and the Sites and provide advertisements, content, or features that match user profiles or interests;
- Process and deliver contest entries and rewards; and
- Link or combine with other information we get from third parties to help understand your needs and provide you with better service.
SIPX is based in the U.S. and information we collect is governed by U.S. law. BY ACCESSING AND USING THE SIPX SERVICE OR THE SITES, YOU CONSENT TO THE PROCESSING AND TRANSFER OF YOUR INFORMATION IN AND TO THE UNITED STATES AND OTHER COUNTRIES.
3. SHARING OF INFORMATION
- With third party vendors, consultants and other service providers who need access to your information to carry out work on our behalf;
- If we believe disclosure is reasonably necessary to comply with any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request;
- In connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of SIPX assets, financing or acquisition of all or a portion of our business to which your information relates; and
- With your consent or at your direction, including if we notify you through the SIPX Service or the Sites that information you provide will be shared in a particular manner and you provide such information.
We may also share aggregated or anonymized information that does not directly identify you.
4. THIRD PARTY ANALYTICS
5. LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
SIPX may provide links to other websites or resources maintained or controlled by third parties whose privacy practices differ from those of SIPX. In addition, while you are on the Sites or the SIPX Service, you may be re-directed to such other websites or resources to complete a transaction. If you submit personal information to any such websites, your information is governed by their privacy statements. We encourage you to carefully read the privacy statement of any website you visit.
The security of your information is important to us. SIPX takes reasonable technological and administrative measures to help protect personal information from loss, theft, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction. Please note that we do not guarantee the security of personal information, and there is some risk that an unauthorized third party may find a way to circumvent our security systems or that transmission of your information over the Internet will be intercepted.
7. OUR POLICY TOWARD CHILDREN
The SIPX Service and Sites are not intended for users who are under the age of 13. We do not knowingly collect or maintain information from children under 13 years of age.
8. YOUR CHOICES
We will retain your information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide your services. You may update, correct or delete information about you at any time by logging into your online account and modifying you personal profile. If you wish to delete or suspend your account, please email us at email@example.com, but note that we may retain certain information as required by law or for legitimate business purposes. We may also retain cached or archived copies of your information for a certain period of time.
Most web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually choose to set your browser to remove or reject browser cookies. Removing or rejecting browser cookies does not necessarily affect third party flash cookies used in connection with the SIPX Service or the Sites. To delete or disable flash cookies please visit www.adobe.com/products/flashplayer/security for more information. Please note that if you choose to remove or reject cookies, this could affect the availability and functionality of the SIPX Service and the Sites.
You may opt out of receiving promotional emails from SIPX by following the instructions in those emails. If you opt out, we may still send you non-promotional communications, such as those about your account or our ongoing business relations.
Your California Privacy Rights
California law permits residents of California to request certain details about how their information is shared with third parties for direct marketing purposes. However, under the law, a business is not required to provide this information if it permits California residents to opt in to, or opt out of, this type of sharing. SIPX qualifies for this alternative option. To opt out of having your information shared with third parties for direct marketing purposes, please send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are a California resident and would like to make such a request, please contact us at the address below.
8. CONTACT US